Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 18: The Maiden

WHOAMGZ I have fishies on my blog! Look at the sidebar! Look at the cute!!!!!!

-inhales-

Anyway, moving on. . .Today I got to learn about the maiden. The maiden represents youth, newness, beginnings, and potential. "All potential is the maiden," says my book. She also has a darker side like everything else. In her dark aspect, she cannot realize potential. It represents our inability to mature with time, childishness, internalized fear, and interdependence upon other people. Some maiden goddesses include Pandora, Persephone, Electra, and Athena. Then the book lists the magical correspondences that evoke Maiden energies (such as the lunar phase, incense, planet, and chakra. My exercise for today is to think about my maiden traits.

Correspondence Table
Lunar Phase: New
Seasonal Phase: Late winter, early spring
Color: Orange
P
agan Celebration: Imbolc - February 2nd
Direction: Northeast
Time: The darkness that precedes dawn
Incense: Myrrh, orris root
Essential Oils: Heather and basil
Magical Number: 3
Vocalization: "u" as in "you"
Herbs: Angelica, bay laurel
Planet: Moon
Body Part: Sexual organs

1 comment: