Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 15: Divine Polarity

I did the exercise yesterday, but I was too busy and tired to post about it. Today will be a two post day!

Day 15 is about the polarity of spiritual energy. "It reveals itself as hot and cold, on and off, light and dark, life and death. . . the single energy of the universe is both Yin and Yang." In Wicca, the divine energy is symbolized as male and female terms - both god and goddess. It isn't that Wiccans believe the deities are literally male and female, it's more representative of ho
w nature expresses this energy.

I had to explore my own polarity. I was given two lists of words, one of god qualities, and one of goddess qualities. Then I was to make a list of my god and goddess qualities, then review them to determine if I express one side more than the other.

God: Thinking, warm, linear, sun, direct, light.
Goddess: Female, passive, internal, soft, negative, listening, night.


I think I'm fairly balanced in regards to which I express more. I like that, balance is important to me.

Yin and Yang


1 comment: