Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 12: Meditation Part V - Sunwalking

Today I attemped sunwalking. I was to go outside, find an area in which to walk, breathe naturally, and count my steps 1-10. I kind of really failed at this. I started off decently on focusing on the counting, but it's so distracting outside here. Five barking Maltese, a lady yelling at them to shut up, factory next door, semi trucks going to and fro the factory, cars constantly going down my street, and itchy grass (to which I'm pretty sure I'm allergic). I liked having something to focus on, unlike the wall gazing. I think sunwalking would work for me if I weren't in a city.

On an unrelated note, I've been thinking about Wicca today. I don't want to be thought of as one of those organic alpaca-wool Happy Badger hippies, mystic crazy crystal people, or a "gothic" preteen girl rebelling against the norm. I'm neither. Although I've gotta say, as far as stereotypes go Wicca lucked out. Christianity has the crazy screaming preachers damning everyone to hell, Islam has the suicide bombers, Judaism has. . .erm. . .beards and no bacon? Maybe Judaism isn't the best example. But yeah, I'll take alpaca-wool hippie over the first two any day.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget greedy. . . Jews are "greedy/stingey/etc."

    HAPPY BADGER!! YEAH! We still need to go there and check it out. No matter how hippie they are, you gotta admit, they probably have some cool shit.

    ReplyDelete